Hexagon pouch


hexagon pouch, originally uploaded by chick chick sewing.

I sewed a patchwork hexagon by hand some time ago, and simply machine appliqued it onto a piece of linen fabric.  The appliqued hexagon was sitting on my sewing table for a while, waiting to be made into something... and here I finally made it into a pouch.  I learned from Pink Penguin's blog recently that the squeezable metal opening thing that I used in this pouch are called "flex frames".   These openings are very simple to sew; it's easy as making drawstring bags.  I like this pouch, but I think that I should of lined it with some sort of cushiony batting so that I can put fragile and valuable items (e.g., sunglasses, cameras, etc.) inside.

Here are few of the other pictures of this pouch making process.  There are many great online tutorials out there on how to make patchwork hexagons, but I found this one from He Sows, She Sews very helpful.

Trying to make good use of my scrap fabics...




I used these plastic hexagon shaped "foundations" that I got from local Joann's...


Then I machine appliqued the hexagon flower onto a piece of linen fabric...



End result! This is the side view...




Happy hexagon piecing!

8 comments:

Gretchen R said...

I love your fabrics! Very very cute pouch!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Gretchen! And THANK YOU for your very clear, helpful and easy-to-follow tutorial on hexagon quilt making!

Sam said...

Now you've made me want to try making the hexagons! So cute!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your nice comment, Sam! Like any other crafts that we both enjoy (sewing, stamp carving, etc. etc.) hexagon piecing is also very fun but addicting, so be ware ^^

ayumills said...

I love your hexagon pouch!他の作品もかわいいものがいっぱい!!また遊びにきまーーす♪

Unknown said...

Thank you, ayumills, for your comment! I will definitely try your fabric basket soon (based on your new PDF tute) and look forward to post it here...いつも素敵な作品&レシピ公開ありがとうございます^^

Corrie said...

sooooooooooo cute! love your blog, just found you through flickr and will be adding you to my favourites! just love your stuff

Corrie:)

Unknown said...

Thank you Corrie for your nice comments!! And thank you for adding my blog to your blog list ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails